since i am allergic to milk, there are certain things that i cant eat. i have only recently cut milk out of my diet, and i am now realizing that there are some things that i will never get the chance to enjoy. but i think i’m alright with that.
1. chocolate milk- i never understood this phenomenon. it seems like everyone liked chocolate milk when they were kids, and to this day my brother drinks about four glasses each day. i never had the desire to drink it. it seemed too strange, and i was confused if it was a drink or a dessert. or a drink-dessert, like chocolate liquor, not that i’ve had that either. i dont drink.
2. creme brûlée- to be honest, i have a very vague picture of what this delicacy actually is. i have never seen anyone eat it before; the most i know about it is that it was sung about in high school music in the wonderfully terrible song “stick to the status quo.” so i suppose im not going to spend too much time crying over my not eaten creme brûlée, since i really have no clue what it is.
3.cappuchino-the lovely little italian drink. enough said.
4. ranch dressing- i’ll never be one of those kids who are eating their vegetables dipped in ranch in those hidden valley commercials.
5.eggnog- i have mixed feelings about this drink. considering i hate eggs, im not too sad about this one. but eggnog just seems so festive, and im sad that ill never raise a glass of this strange concoction, although i’ve never seen anyone actually drink eggnog.
6. cheese curds- i remember when i went to the wisconsin dells with my family when i was younger. all my mom wanted was cheese curds. even though they looked like little wet turds, my mother longed for them and devoured the little goobers. i regret making fun of her for eating them. i wish that i could have joined in on her curd eating party.
7.an omelet with cheese- as previously stated, i hate eggs. i still would like to have the option of having an omelet with cheese if i ever get over my egg-phobia. it’s just such a classic breakfast item, and i wish i had the chance to eat it.
8. chocolate chip cookies made my thomas keller- i have a fantasy that one day i will meet the legendary chef thomas keller, and he will make me a batch of chocolate chip cookies. the cookies will be the ones from his cookbook ad hoc. they will be delicious cookies. i will eat all the cookies while discussing with thomas keller what i will help him make that night for dinner at his restaurant , ad hoc. then we will go eat the dinner and discuss how i have a blog named ad hoc, and thomas keller and i will be best friends. this is obviously never going to happen, but hey, i have to dream.