I wrote this in English earlier this year.
The Manifesto of the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces
Article I, written by the Puzzle Piece from the “Skeleton Floor Puzzle”:
- The purpose of Article I is to define the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces which was founded in the 7th month of the 997th year of the second millennium.
- The definition of amalgam, as taken from the Merriam Webster Dictionary, is a combination or mixture of different things.
- The definition of puzzle, as taken from the Merriam Webster Dictionary, is something hard to understand or explain.
- The definition of the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces, as adopted by the Mismatched Puzzle Pieces, is a group of puzzle pieces that have been exiled, have simply gone astray, or have chosen to leave their respective puzzles. Realizing that they could neither stand alone nor return to their former puzzles, the mismatched puzzle pieces joined together to attempt to make something functional.
Article II, written by the Puzzle Piece from “US Capitol Building 3D Puzzle”
- All pieces must pledge loyalty to the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces.
Article III, written by the Puzzle Piece from “Ravensburger Yosemite Valley- 1000 Piece Puzzle”
The Puzzle Pieces that are part of the Amalgamation of Mismatched puzzle pieces all pledge to not dwell on the negative aspects of this life. They will accept that they no longer are part of the group that they were “designed” to be in. They will turn the seemingly negative separation into something positive. They will be phoenixes that, with the help of those around them, will come together to make something new. The new creation may not be what the pieces feel like they were made for, and, as a Puzzle Piece that has experienced this feeling as well, I can say that this feeling is temporary and is common among all of the pieces. When we look to the earth, we realize that this separation of the similar and the mixture of the different is not something that we need to fear. If the clouds would have refused to join the sky simply because the sky was not a cloud, we have a world that does not get to experience the beauty of white clouds contrasted on a blue sky. Or if the mountains said to the earth, “You are not like us. We cannot associate.” Luckily, neither of these things has actually occurred. And neither of those things will happen to the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces.
Article IV, written by the Puzzle Piece from “WWII Poster Collage Jigsaw Puzzle”
Article V, written by the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces
If one returns to Article I, Section D, one would find the mission of the Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces. The Amalgamation would like to conclude its manifesto by reporting the success of the mission outlined in the mentioned passage. The Amalgamation has reached a point in its life that no longer are individual pieces in mourning of their former lives, no longer are they attempting to fix into the categories that the factory workers sorted them into at the factory. We are realizing that it is truly up to ourselves to define who we are.
The Amalgamation of Mismatched Puzzle Pieces
I did all artwork in The Manifesto of the Amalgamation Mismatched Puzzle Pieces. All puzzles references are real puzzles and can be purchased on Amazon.com.